Mum and Dad rushed me to the emergency hospital. They were convinced I had swallowed something and was choking. After giving me an X-ray, the specialist came out saying that there was nothing stuck in me. Mum and Dad were relieved for two seconds until the specialist pulled up a chair and sat down.
This was not a good sign. She went on to say that I had an enlarged esophagus which meant I was in danger of getting fluid in my lungs and pneumonia. The main causes were ticks or sometimes this conditions just develops.
Mum's eyes started leaking heaps as the specialist said that I had to stay there on a drip. I was so scared as I was taken to a cage in the back room.
I ended up staying at the hospital in the ICU for two nights!! Mum took a day off work to stay with me and they visited me as often as they could.
|I got this Get Well message from my best pal Bailey. Thank you!|
|Can I go home yet?|
|Waiting for the doctor|
So I'm now back to my usual bouncy self. The only difference is that Mum is watching me very closely for any signs of choking and I have been getting smaller portions of food! The up side of smaller portions is I get food more frequently so I guess I'll cope.
Thanks again to all my special friends who cared about me when I was ill. I love you all.