Sunday 4 March 2012

Happy being me

I overheard some people talking about plastic surgery the other day and Mum told me that’s when people have an operation to change something about themselves they don’t like. I think it’s sad that some people feel so bad about themselves that they want to have surgery to correct it. It might be ok if they’ve been in an accident and need to have the surgery.
I had an operation recently and it wasn’t very pleasant. I can’t imagine choosing to go through something like that.

Feeling sorry for myself after my op
It’s natural to have something we’re all worried about. I know you’re all thinking it but mine is not my ears!
I always get plenty of comments about my ears. Let’s face it, they are hard to miss. It doesn’t worry me at all and I am proud to be a member of The Big Ears Club.
Other members of the Big Ears Club
I think part of the reason I am happy being myself and accept my Bilby ears is because Mum and Dad always tell me how much they love me and how I’m a beautiful puppy.
What does bother me sometimes is the tear stain under my eyes. As I was born with it, there’s not much I can do except let Mum and Dad wipe my tears away when it gets too wet, accept that it is there to stay and be happy being me.
It got me thinking though… if it’s good being happy to be myself…. why do I get in trouble for being myself when I rip things up or run away with the toilet paper? Doesn’t make sense!
One thing I do know is that Mum and Dad will love me no matter what even if sometimes being myself means being naughty so I will continue to be happy being me and not worry about what anyone else thinks.
Being myself

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Gemma you look so miserable in the post-op photo. Poof completely agrees with you, that operations are horrid! Glad you are all better now :)

    ReplyDelete